Easy Chicken Pad Thai
Chicken Pad Thai is easily one of my top ten favorite meals and I am excited to share this easy Chicken Pad Thai recipe with you today. This would be a great dish for a quick weeknight dinner or even to bring for a potluck type dinner. I only use one package of Lotus Foods Pad Thai noodles and it sure did make a lot!
EASY CHICKEN PAD THAI
1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast cut into pieces or you can also easily use shrimp in place of the chicken.
1 teaspoon of minced garlic
1 package of pad thai noodles
1 cup of bean sprouts
1 cup of shredded carrots
1 bunch of green onions cut in big pieces
1/2 bunch of chopped cilantro
1/4 cup of roasted peanuts, chopped
1 lime cut into wedges
salt and pepper to taste
FOR THE SAUCE
1 tablespoons of fish sauce
2 tablespoons of brown sugar
2 teaspoon of soy sauce
1 teaspoon of rice vinegar
Optional: 1-2 tablespoons of sriracha
1. First cook your noodles as directed on the package and rinse with cold water and set aside.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together all the ingredients for the sauce and set it aside.
3. In a large pan or wok, add 1 teaspoon of olive oil and garlic and sauté. Then add chicken and season with salt and pepper to taste. Make sure you cooked the chicken until brown.
4. After all the chicken is cooked, push it to the side of your pan or wok and add your two eggs to the empty side and scramble.
5. Once the chicken and eggs are cooked and combined, add the noodles and sauce and toss together.
6. Add in shredded carrots, green onions and bean sprouts and stir for a few additional minutes.
7. Garnish with the cilantro, chopped peanuts and serve with lime wedges.